Searching for the clean lines and fine finishes found in New Developments, but ultimately find them wanting in character, charm and history? Apartment 322 at The Cast Iron Building offers the answer. The co-op purchased two amazing apartments in the building, hired an architect to create a brand new floor plan and is eager to assist in the infrastructure build-out. For this new purchase price, the buyer will receive an apartment that is ready for their special finishes. Consider it New Development with a personal touch.
Based on the plans and specifications prepared by the Sellers (Cast Iron Corp) and filed with the DOB, the purchase will include the following improvements.
Immediately following the closing, the Cast Iron Corp will commence the following work (as part of the purchase price):
1. Install the walls with proper sounding proofing and insulation and sheetrock
2. Install the subfloor with proper sound proofing and insulation
3. Construct the loft area and subfloor (and sheetrock walls)
4. Install the ceiling with proper sound proofing and insulation and sheetrock
5. Sheetrock walls will be taped, spackled and sanded (not painted)
6. Rough plumbing will be completed
7. Rough electrical work will be completed. Buyer will have the opportunity to locate any and all
overhead light fixtures, outlets and electrical internet connections. Electrical fixtures are
excluded from the purchase price
8. Install all new windows and new window frames in accordance with the specifications created by
the Cast Iron Corp and to be consistent with the window replacement project. Existing openings
will be maintained and not altered.
9. All new HVAC units to be provided in each of the bedrooms and living room. HVAC unit sizes will
be consistent with the room sizes. HVAC units will be maintained by the Seller in accordance
with the existing policy
10. All DOB inspections to be conducted, as required, for the work completed by the Seller.
11. Purchaser to be responsible for final DOB inspections and to obtain final Certificate of
12. The Additional hallway space to be included in the purchase price and there will be no
reallocation of the shares. (The existing shares will be inclusive of the captured hallway space.)
13. The Purchaser will be responsible for the selection and cost of the stairway to the loft area. The
Cast Iron Corp will install the staircase.
14. Cast Iron Corp will work diligently to complete all work in a timely manner, subject to the receipt
of materials and windows, which may not in control of the Seller.
Hurry to take hold of the opportunity of a lifetime at The Cast Iron Building. Sixteen-foot ceilings. Nine soaring arched windows overlooking iconic Grace Church. Two enormous cast iron columns. A grand space that is available for the first time in 35 years. This corner of 11th Street and Broadway is being prepared for you to create your own stunning masterpiece.
The Cast Iron Building, built in 1868, was reborn in 1973 as Manhattan's first ever commercial to residential conversion setting the trend towards what is now thought of as New York's "classic loft" living. Building amenities include a 24-hour doorman, live-in super, gorgeous roof deck, central laundry, available bike and cage storage. A generous sublet policy, gift purchasing, guarantors, co-purchasing and pied-a-terres allowed on a case by case basis. Building bulk rate for cable, internet and TV. Dogs and cats welcome.